Licenses, Permits & Fees

There are various permits and licenses residents or business owners are required to obtain from the Village of Westfield.  Select a category below to view related licenses and permits.

Alcohol Beverage Licenses

The purpose of alcohol licensing in the State of Wisconsin is to better ensure the public health and welfare of Wisconsin residents.

The State of Wisconsin requires all persons who vend, sell, deal or traffic intoxicating liquors or fermented malt beverages to be licensed with their local government.

As a result, anyone who vends, sells, deals or traffics any alcoholic beverages within Village limits, in any amount, is required to first obtain a license from the Village of Westfield.  (See Wisconsin Statutes 125 and Section 310 of the Village Code of Ordinance's)

Important Dates to Remember

June 30

New licenses must be picked up from the Village Hall by 4:00 p.m.

July 1 New licensing year officially begins.  All licenses issued for the previous license year are now expired.

Building License & Permit Application

The Village of Westfield contracts with Marquette County Zoning Office for building inspection services.  Please contact the County for any building permits, inspections or questions.

Zoning Permit (Chapter 510)

The Village of Westfield requires Zoning Permit before any new development or any change in the use of an existing building or structure is initiated.  All payments and pick-ups of permits can be done during normal Village Hall hours. 

Residential Zoning Permit $25.00 or Commercial Zoning Permit $50.00.

All permits expire 12 months from the date of issuance.

Always call before you dig.  Digger's Hotline: 811 or 1-800-242-8511.

Dog License

Animal Licenses are issued on a calendar year basis.  A license is required for dogs over 5 months of age (see Wis.Stat. 174.05 and Village Code Sec. 195).

Proof of rabies vaccination from your veterinarian stating the manufacturer name, serial number of the vaccine and expiration date of the vaccination mus the provided before a license can be issued (see Wis. Stats. 95.21 & Village Code Sec. 195).  Due to the high volume of counter traffic during tax collection time (December and January) the staff members at the Westfield Village Hall will not be able to call your veterinarian for this information.

License Fees:







Neutered Male


Spayed Female


For licenses issued after April 1st a $5.00 late fee will be assessed.

Payment options:

  1. Pay at the Village Hall during normal operating hours.
  2. Mail your check along with a copy of the most recent rabies vaccination certificate for your dog to the Village Hall.  Be sure to enclose a self address, stamped envelope or the license will not be mailed to you.
  3. Drop your check and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate for your animal in the drop box located outside the front door of the Village Hall.  Be sure  to enclose a self addressed, stamped envelope or the license will not be mailed to you.


Negligence fees:

State Statute 174.042(4) states that any owner of a dog that negligently or otherwise permits a dog to run at large or be untagged, shall forfeit not less than $25.00 for the first offense and not less than  $50.00 for subsequent offenses. In addition, most dog parks require dog licenses to use the park facilities.

If you have further questions, please contact the Village Hall (608) 296-2363.